Lawyer and mediator specialising in family law
As a family lawyer, Annemarie Braun represents the interests of clients who are going through a divorce or are already divorced. She assists them in settling matters such as child custody, maintenance, the division of assets, the settlement of prenuptial agreements, and the settlement of pensions.
In addition, she is frequently called upon to act as a mediator to guide parties towards joint solutions. Annemarie also gives advice and litigates in international cases, often assisting expatriates in the Netherlands and Dutch private individuals abroad.
A special focus in Annemarie’s practice is on descent law and she has extensive experience in the field of adoption.
More about Annemarie Braun
Annemarie realises that her clients often find themselves in one of the most difficult phases of their lives. During this time, it is essential to provide them with peace of mind, structure, and direction. She offers realistic advice with the goal of achieving a quick and thorough resolution and preventing escalations and unnecessary costs.
To better serve her international clients, Annemarie completed the postgraduate specialist course in international private law offered by the Association of Family Lawyers and Divorce Mediators in 2020. She chose to focus on adoption and surrogacy as her elective subject.
Memberships and registrations
- Association of Family Lawyers and Divorce Mediators (vFAS) since 2010
- International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL) since 2017
- Mediators Federation Netherlands (MfN)
- registered mediator at the court
- registered mediator at the Legal Aid Board
In the register of legal practice areas of the Netherlands Bar Association, Annemarie has registered the principal legal practice area of law of persons and family law and the subareas:
- divorce, maintenance cases, and contact arrangements
- international private law
- child protection law
- parenthood and acknowledgement
Annemarie specialises in the following legal subareas:
- dissolution of registered partnership
- termination of cohabitation
- financial settlement (division of community of property, settlement of prenuptial agreements, and settlement of cohabitation agreements)
- spousal maintenance and child maintenance
- child protection cases (supervision orders, placement in care, termination of parental authority)
- descent cases (acknowledgment, adoption, judicial determination of parenthood, annulment of acknowledgment, denial of parenthood, and revocation of adoption)
- disputes about parental authority
- administration, protection order and curatorship
- cases involving civil registry documents
Based on this registration, Annemarie is required to obtain 10 training points in each registered principal legal practice area each calendar year in accordance with the standards of the Netherlands Bar Association.